In order to qualify for your Journeyman Electrician’s Card, you will be required to:
- Submit your Application for approval with New Jersey Division of Consumer Affairs, Board of Examiners of Electrical Contractors with all the requested documentation.
Make sure you have the minimum requirements before you submit your application as follows:
- Have a High School Diploma or GED
- Submit a color photo ID
- Complete at least 576 hours of classroom instructions
- Or holder of a valid Electrical Contractors License
- Work at least 8,000 hours as an electrician (Practical Experience Is required), at least 4,000 hours of which shall have been obtained within five (5) years of the date of the application.
Journeyman electrician licensees can fulfill work requirements by enrolling in a New Jersey apprenticeship program and earning a bachelor’s degree in engineering plus two years of practical experience or working five years in electrical contracting.